Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Our Newst Family Member

Last Tuesday we finally got to meet the little baby that had been all mine for the last 9 months.  Monday I saw my doctor one last time and she tried to get labor started for an induction on Tuesday night.  We snapped one last picture Monday night before heading out for our last dinner as a family of 3.


Throughout the night I had irregular contractions from 6 minutes to 15 minutes apart.  When I called the doctor in the morning to finalize the induction with her (she was leaving for vacation on Thursday and we wanted to make sure she was the one who delivered the baby) she decided to have me come in earlier than 8 that night and we headed off to the hospital around noon.

Once I answered many questions over and over and was all hooked up to pitocin I slowly went from 3 to 4 cm  and promptly requested an epidural (which I refer to as the most amazing thing in the world!).  The epidural was phenomenal and within 45 minutes I was 10 cm and ready to push.  While we anxiously waited for my doctor to arrive we all made predictions about the gender of the baby and its size.  Once my doctor came in I was more than ready to push.  My 2 hours of pushing with Trey did a great job paving the way for this baby who arrived at 5:53 pm on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.


When Chas announced that it was a boy I was overjoyed that Trey would have his own little brother and we could bundle this little one in all my favorite outfits from Trey.  I was also excited and couldn't wait for Trey to come to the hospital and meet his little brother - he was so loving and gentle (definitely something I wasn't expecting from our energetic little man).


And when we finally arrived in our room later that night we put Trey's big brother picture by the bassinet for the baby to see.


Thursday we were released from the hospital and we had finally picked a name for our newest addition - Xavier John.  It was much harder naming him than Trey because he looks exactly like Trey did when he was a baby...so much so that we would keep calling him Trey. 

We're all settled in and adjusting to life with a newborn again.  It has been wonderful & heartwarming watching Trey care so much for little Xavier - it definitely fills our hearts with love for our little family of four.

1 comment:

The Riggs Family said...

Congratulations! Xavier and Brennan will love playing together when they're older. He's a cutie!