Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fun had by all!

Trey & Gam Gam had a great "date night" out last night while Chas & I had an anniversary date night out as well. As soon as we arrived at Gam Gam's house she told him they were going to McDonald's to get a Happy Meal. After that all he would say was "Come on Gam Gam - let's go to Donalds!" and ignore Chas and I (but I guess that is not new behavior around Grandma). When we picked Trey up later that night he told us all about his Happy Meal: "I go to McDonald's with Grandma and get a Happy Meal. I got chocolate milk and french fries and hamburger. I don't like pickles. I like chocolate milk". Inside his Happy Meal was a little beanie baby polar bear - when we asked him what he named his polar bear he replied, "Polar Bear". Too funny!

Chas & I took advantage of Trey's date night to have our own. We had some of the best Mexican food we've had in the US - YUM! We sat on the patio and had lots of laughs over enchilada's, a pitcher of beer, and fried ice cream. Its definitely a place we'll frequent in the future!

As a side note - Trey has said some of the funniest things lately and made some amazing connections. Here are just a few:
- As he was running around trying to get his poop out this morning he said, "Daddy - something is wrong with my butt"
-As we were reading before his nap yesterday he saw a cement roller/flattener and said, "I have this, I have this upstairs! I go get the match in my room!" and he proceeded to go and bring down the match.
- When we told Trey we were going to Aunt Paula's and Uncle Ron's for a party he said "We're going to Uncle Ron's to have a fire!" His memory is iron clad!!!

No comments: