Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Manners

We have always been really big on teaching Trey manners and using manners around him. Until recently when he wanted something and we asked him how to ask he would simply reply, "PleaseThankYou" in one quick phrase. Figuring Trey can definitely do better than this - we have taught him a more polite way to ask for things he wants: Please, can I...(fill in whatever he is asking for). It is one of the cutest phrases because his voice has the best inflection as he finishes asking the question.

Anyway - this morning I was cleaning up his poptart crumbs and happened to be standing in front of him as he was getting ready to watch a show on TV and all of a sudden he shouts out:
"I have to see movie - get out of my way!"
In proper mommy fashion I replied: "Excuse me..." and give him my mom look.
To which Trey answers, "Please get out of my way?" with perfect inflection at the end and gives me a killer smile. This exchange just made me laugh because only a 2 year old can tell you to get out of the way AND make it cute!

No comments: