Xavier's baptism was on Mother's Day and I couldn't have asked for a more memorable or special day. It filled every last little space in my heart to celebrate the day welcoming him into our faith and spending the rest of the day with all our family.
The day started early in our bed with some amazing Mother's Day presents. Trey made me a popsicle stick jewelry box at school. I am still amazed at how perfectly lined up all the rows turned out - there must have been a tremendous amount of time and teacher help to make that happen! He was so excited to have me see what he made - he even went to bed with it the night before so he could have it right away for me to open (he is too sweet!).
After relaxing in bed we got Xavier dressed in his little outfit I managed to get a little smile out of him. This outfit is 29 years old...it is the same one Chas wore for his baptism - (Trey wore it too!).
Xavier did a great job during the baptism. Trey even got to help the priest - he got to scoop the water out of the fount. Poor Aunt Stephie did have a hard time reaching to light Xavier's candle - they needed a little step stool :-)
I even got to take a Mother's Day picture with my newly baptised little man - he even squeezed out a smile for his mommy!
I have fond memories of a picture just like this from Trey's baptism :-)
This weekend also meant some visitors - Trey got a chance to play with his 6 month old cousin. Here are all three lined up for a picture - it is amazing how quickly they grow! Trey looks HUGE next to his brother and his cousin!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment