Since I've been too young to remember, we have celebrated holidays at my Grandma & Grandpa's house. Ever since I could actually remember, I have always loved these days.
I will always remember Christmas days filled with lots of food, sitting at the children's table in the living room with the rest of my cousins, the family room filled with gifts, and games around the dining room table.
I will never forget Easter days with Easter egg hiding spots around the house, homemade cheese, and playing under the grapevines if the weather was warm enough.
I am over the moon that for the past 10 years my husband has had the chance to experience these memories and moments at my grandparents' house. I sometimes find it hard to believe that I now have my very own children to share in these holiday experiences.
This Easter was bittersweet. We couldn't wait to see Xavier old enough to enjoy Easter morning with his big brother Trey. But I also knew that it would be our last holiday celebrated at my grandma's house before she moved to her cute new townhouse.
Xavier couldn't get enough of the eggs - he even figured out how to open an egg and eat the jelly beans like he had never had candy before...oh wait - he hasn't!
Trey slowly got the hang of how to look inside of places for eggs.
At church I couldn't help myself and took a picture of their cute little hats actually hanging on the hat hooks. In 29 years this was officially the first time I've ever used the hat hooks.
After church we headed to my grandma's house for one last family celebration. It was such a nice day that the kids colored with chalk and the older kids played foursquare in the driveway.
The boys even found some balls to play with against the house...Xavier really wanted to play with the big boys!
Later on in the day the boys participated in the annual egg hunt. I love that eggs are still hidden in the exact same spots they were hidden when I was young.
And before the day ended we took one last family picture on the wall at grandma's house.
I know my kids won't have specific memories of holidays at my grandma's as I do...but I do know the big family get-togethers and traditions they'll experience in their lifetime will create a whole new set of memories for them as they grow.












No comments:
Post a Comment