Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

Cleveland Indians Opening Day

This year I (Chas), through my job at Progressive, got to participate in the ceremony for opening day at Progressive field, home of the Cleveland Indians. The group gathered underneath the stadium to receive their assignments. I got to hold the huge American flag shaped like our county that would be unfurled in the outfield during the player introductons and the singing of the national anthem. I was holding the flag right around Mississippi or Alabama. This is a picture of everybody practicing underneath the stadium.



This is a picture of the outfield pointing toward home base. The grass was so perfect. I can only wish our own lawn was like that.




Here is a picture of the bleacher seats and the big scoreboard.


A video of the group waiting patiently to unfurl the flag.

A video of the flag unfurled and crowd cheering.

Unfortunately the Tribe lost the game in extra innings, but it was a wonderful experience that I will remember for a lifetime.

No comments: