Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

From Doodles to Drawing

I remember when we first placed a crayon in Trey's hand and he would cautiously run it across a page in a coloring book. A few years later now I am amazed at how much Trey's coloring and drawing abilities have changed. The other weekend he drew this picture of a monster:

And what is most amazing is that his pictures are actually starting to look like people! They have bodies, heads, arms, eyes, noses, mouths, and legs...when I saw this first picture that started to look like something real I couldn't believe that Trey was the one who actually made it!

I have also been shocked by his changes in coloring - he can actually stay inside the lines! When I picked up this picture from school a few weeks ago I had to take a double take as I took it out of his mailbox at school...I couldn't believe my baby could actually color like this!

Every time I look at this picture I can't help but still be amazed!

No comments: