Watching Xavier grow over these last few months has given me quite a case of déjà vu. He looks so much like little Trey did when he was this age. Whether it is watching Xavier play with random items around the house Trey used to use as toys or when I dress him in some of the cute little outfits Trey used to wear - I do feel like I am transported back in time to when Trey was a baby.
Here is one shot I snapped the other day of Xavier playing in his high chair while I was making dinner. I gave him this spoon to play with while he was sitting in his chair.
After giving him this spoon I quickly remembered that a few short years ago Trey used to sit in that same chair and play with that same spoon. Here is that picture of Trey...
I love the silly looks they both gave the camera!
And just this week I put Xavier in one of my favorite outfits from Trey's first summer. It is still a little big (it looked like a dress when I put it on him) but I couldn't miss the opportunity for him to wear it before the end of summer - there is no way he'll fit into it next summer!
And with the finishing touch of the little matching hat my favorite summer outfit was complete!
Once he was dressed I couldn't help but look up some old pictures of Trey dressed in this same outfit. This was the outfit he wore when he took his first steps - definitely a day I'll never forget!
These similarities never cease to make me smile! I love those two boys and that I get to see all my favorites all over again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment