I have discovered that the addition of a second child to our family has been significantly less stressful and more enjoyable than the baby experience the first time around. We are by far busier than we've ever been...but we are more relaxed, laid back, and just plain content this time around.
I am (perhaps falsely) convinced that this feeling stems from the confidence we've gained as parents over these 5 years with Trey (or maybe it comes from the sheer fact that we've watched 5 years of our lives fly by in the blink of an eye and we just find happiness and peace in every little moment and experience).
But I think a huge part of this relaxed happiness I feel in my heart comes from watching our kids interact with each other. Trey is so kind, gentle, and loving with his little brother. He is Xavier's true entertainer. He'll sing for Xavier, put on movies with his toys for him, talk to him, show him all his toys, and explain every detail of his day to Xavier. The moment Trey walks into a room Xavier's little face lights up with delight for his big brother. The bond Trey & Xavier have is one of the most unanticipated joys I've experienced.
Trey really lived up to his role of the entertainer yesterday when Xavier & I were playing on the floor. The minute Trey walked over to us Xavier couldn't stop laughing at Trey and his craziness.
It was a great way to begin the weekend! I still can't get enough of this little guy's laughs!!!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment