Trey has his own language that often makes us laugh. One of our favorites is how he interjects the word "for" in places where other words are more appropriate. One of the ones that makes us laugh the most is "Don't talk for me" when he really means "Don't talk to me". This one he uses the most when we're telling him to do something he would rather not do (pick up his toys, lay down for a diaper, go to his chair to eat, come inside...you get the pattern). But it is very typical toddler with a twist of Trey to add the "for" so we can't help but let out a little giggle inside.
He also will throw a "for" in for other sayings - the other night he called me up to bed and said, "Mommy, come play for me" when he really meant "Play with me". I couldn't help but smile at his toddler grammar.
In other events - today we have a day care get together at the park where he can see all his friends and teachers as a mid-summer reminder that school is not too far off. Summer is certainly speeding by - I am still in awe that it is mid-July. It has been a great summer with Trey so far - he always keeps me on my toes. While we were out for our morning run yesterday and I stopped for some water - Trey told me very forcefully that we, "Need a green to go!". I just laughed at the connections he makes :-)
Tonight Chas & I are going to see the Half Blood Prince - it was one of my favorite books in the series. I loved how it left me anticipating the last book. I made a conscious decision for this movie to not reread the book before seeing the movie. I have done that before several of the last movies and I think I have somewhat ruined the movie by knowing each and every event they left out. For this movie it has been over a year since the last time I've read it and I think I've forgotten just enough to enjoy the movie without being overly critical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment