Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Car Fun & Bedtime Stories

Cincinnati Gam Gam & Papa bought Trey the best toy to keep him entertained on our long car rides - a Leapster! As soon as he opened it at his party he knew it was a video game (how he knew is still a mystery to me...but most of the things that Trey comes up with out of the blue amaze me!).



Trey and daddy enjoyed playing the games this weekend.

They looked so cute snuggled up together on the couch together bonding over video games. I didn't know much about the Leapster - but all the games are educational...numbers, alphabet, animals, comparing greater and lesser amounts - it is a great "fun" way to learn and practice skills before kindergarten next year.


Speaking of things Trey knows that are a mystery to us...
One night last week Trey & I were reading a book about 10 little piggies. At the end of the book the mommy tucks all the piggies into bed and kisses every one.
Trey can recite this book by heart. But this particular night when we got to the end of the book I expected him to recite that the mommy kisses every one...but instead he said, "Mommy goes downstairs and eats a snack!"
Immediately Chas & I started laughing hysterically because 2-3 nights a week we put Trey to bed and then have a snack. I can't help but wonder...how does he know??? I thought we kept it pretty quiet ;-) Hmmm...I wonder what else he knows about now....

No comments: