Looking back over these first two weeks with a newborn again I am surprised at how much newborn/baby anxiety has come back the second time around. With Trey I would wake up to check to make sure he was still breathing in the middle of the night (as if he would suddenly forget!), I would have fears that some random, crazy driver would hit our car as we were driving, or, if someone else was holding him other than Chas or I and he started to cry, I would feel anxiety washing over me that he needed his mommy.
I thought these anxieties from Trey were just my first-time-mom jitters and I didn't expect them to come back with a second baby...but here they are again. I don't know how long they'll last for this time - the panic in the middle of the night that Xavier has stopped breathing has subsided quite a bit (they really do know how to scare you in the hospital with all the SIDS talk...). But all these feelings have got me thinking that maybe, just maybe, they are new baby anxieties that all moms get because they worry about their new little bundle of joy that they love and want to protect at all times.
And here is our cute little bundle with his beautiful eyes open and exploring the world around him! I can't help but love him so much!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment