These first few weeks of Xavier's life have been filled with watching him experience his very own set "firsts".
One week after Xavier was born Chas went back to work and Xavier & I had our first mommy/son day at home. That same day Xavier also took his first trip into Trey's school to pick him up. When we arrived Trey couldn't wait to call all of his friends over to see his baby brother. Now when Xavier & I go to pick up Trey everyday he is so proud to call everyone over to - in his words - "Come and see my baby!"
We were also excited to see what Xavier would do when he took a real bath. When his little umbilical cord finally fell off we put him in his little tub for the first time and see how he liked sitting in the water...
One week after Xavier was born Chas went back to work and Xavier & I had our first mommy/son day at home. That same day Xavier also took his first trip into Trey's school to pick him up. When we arrived Trey couldn't wait to call all of his friends over to see his baby brother. Now when Xavier & I go to pick up Trey everyday he is so proud to call everyone over to - in his words - "Come and see my baby!"
We were also excited to see what Xavier would do when he took a real bath. When his little umbilical cord finally fell off we put him in his little tub for the first time and see how he liked sitting in the water...
He didn't seem to mind being in the warm water at all; however, he did mind being taken out of the water! Our poor little baby just wanted to be all snuggled and warm!
And Xavier actually got a chance to get all bundled up in the cutest little sweater (made by his Cincinnati Gam Gam) and see snow for the first time (something we didn't think he'd experience until next winter!).
These first few weeks have flown by in the blink of an eye! I have loved watching him change everyday - he is already starting to consciously crack a smile. I can't believe how quickly he is starting to fill out his sleepers and slowly grow into 0-3 month clothes. I guess I forgot how fast things change with a newborn - it makes me just a little sad and I wish I could freeze these moments in time for just a little while longer...






No comments:
Post a Comment