Last week was Trey's graduation from pre-k. He has been going to the same school (it did move its location once) since he was a little baby of 8 weeks old. Wednesday we got to see him walk over the bridge from preschool into kindergarten and it brought me to tears. My little baby isn't quite so little anymore.
The morning of graduation I decided to snap a picture of him to commemorate this day they had been practicing for at school for weeks in advance.
That evening at the graduation program they started with the Pledge of Allegiance. My favorite part when Trey recites it for us is when he says "replublic" instead of "republic".
After the pledge they sang a few songs. My favorite song of the night was this funny little song called "Tooty-Ta". I have been hearing Trey talk about this song for weeks and I couldn't get an idea of what it was about at all. At first I even thought he was just mumbling nonsense - but the night of graduation I got a very clear picture of this hilarious song! I can't wait until I get a chance to upload the video to the computer - but until then a picture of Trey following the directions of the song will have to do.
And finally Trey walked over the bridge to kindergarten. I guess he was so excited about going that instead of walking off the bridge he jumped off the front! We definitely have a little boy with an independent mind our hands!
And we ended the night with a family picture with our new graduate. I can only imagine how much I'll cry when it is time for him to actually graduate from high school - but for now I'll just try to slow down time and appreciate every little minute with him and Xavier before they grow up before our eyes.








1 comment:
Congratulations Trey! And hey, Brennan has that same outfit Xavier is wearing!
Post a Comment