It has been interesting and exciting to watch Trey learn to play by the rules in his first official sport with a team. He has slowly learned how to wait at the bases, catch (but mainly just stop the ball), and be a part of a team. Lately he has been looking more promising as he wrestled one of his OWN teammates during a game for the ball instead of just watching it roll by him (I was so proud he actually moved his feet to run to the ball!).
After a couple of practices and games his team has greatly improved! They all have the hang of waiting on the base for the next person to hit the ball before running. Here is Trey on first base waiting for his teammate to hit the ball so he can advance to second.
We'll see if Trey is interested in playing t-ball next year. He is having a good time - I just wonder if all the "waiting and standing" (as he calls it) will hold his interest. Next we'll try out soccer where the constant action should keep him more entertained.
Nevertheless, I have loved cheering for my son. I have never known a feeling like this - watching him and hoping he succeeds...and if he does get out - hoping he can handle it like a young man. And with both of those feelings I know there is not much I can do either way other than be so proud of him that my heart feels like it will burst open. This summer of t-ball has definitely been great!



No comments:
Post a Comment