Xavier had his 4 month appointment on Wednesday. I can't believe how fast time is flying for our little man. I couldn't wait for this appointment because I was dying to know how big he had gotten since his last appointment at 2 months. I placed him on the scale and he now weighs a whopping 14 lbs. 12.5 oz. and is 25 3/4 inches tall!
I was curious to know how this compared to Trey at this age...so I pulled out his little record book and was shocked! Xavier is outweighing Trey by a pound and is 2 inches taller than Trey was at 4 months. Trey had better watch out - Xavier may be the little brother but he just might be bigger than Trey one day!
Trey was also excited because he could go to Xavier's appointment and not actually have a doctor visit for himself. He was such a supportive big brother when Xavier got his shots - he held his little hand and told him it was all going to be okay.
The doctor also gave us the go-ahead to start Xavier on some cereal - so after his appointment Trey and I stopped at the store to buy some cereal. Last night Xavier had his first taste of food. I'm not too sure what he thought of it - but it was so cute to watch him try and eat. He's got a lot of time to learn and time is going too fast already - so I'll just enjoy every minute of these beginning eating stages while I can before I blink and he's feeding himself.
This month Xavier has also started to giggle just a little more. What I am most amazed by is the fact that it is not Chas or I who can get him to giggle the most...but Trey! We work so hard to get the littlest giggle out of Xavier...but Trey will kiss his head or just talk to him and he'll let out the cutest little giggles.
Yesterday after Trey's daycare get-together at a park I was nursing Xavier and Trey kept kissing his head. Xavier couldn't stop giggling and got the hiccups- it was such a sweet moment between the two of them. Trey and Xavier definitely have that brother bond.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment